We ask all volunteers to come hungry and plan on eating with our guests!
- Volunteer Groups – We enjoy hosting volunteer groups of all ages, from youth through senior citizens. It is vital your group contacts us for approval before showing up. We book groups ahead of time to make sure that we only have one new group on a given night. In order to see which weeks are available contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Suggested Donation for Volunteers – Everything we do is potluck style. We ask that our volunteers bring food or goods to help with the weekly dinner. We are also completely funded through volunteer donations. We suggest a $10 gift to FAB to help offset costs to the organization if you are unable to bring something. Please also consider making us part of your monthly giving and sign up via our DONATE NOW link.
- Volunteer Orientation – We do a new volunteer orientation each week as it’s important that those helping know our values. Carlsbad orientation begines at 6:30pm and Encinitas orientation begins at 6:45pm.
- Individual Volunteers – If you are interested in volunteering at Fill-A-Belly, e-mail us at email@example.com to see if we have space on a given Tuesday night. We love having new people!
Besides serving on a Tuesday night there are lots of ways to give to Fill-A-Belly. Our biggest need is for monetary donations so that food can be bought and Fill-A-Belly can keep running! Tax exempt receipts are issued for all donations.
Besides monetary donations we are always in need of…
- Sleeping Bags – this is the top material item needed
- Baby Wipes
- Canned Food
Behind the Scenes Help
There are a variety of ways to help with Fill-A-Belly behind the scenes. We are completely volunteer run so any help is appreciated. If you are interested in doing any of these things please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We need people to…
- Help with Administrative Work
- Shop for Food
- Coordinate Meals
- Send E-Mails
- Update Contact Lists
- Help with Sorting Donations
- List Donations on E-Bay
- Solicit Donations from Local Stores and Businesses